Notes from a Plain Jane

Random Writings about anything

BookLat: Bob Ong's Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin

Leave a Comment
I am a Bob Ong fan way back on 2006, when I first read his Bakit Baliktad Magbasa ng Libro ang mga Pilipino. I love the way he write his books, its funny, entertaining and always have the moral lesson that you can get in every day life but you doesn't realized it until you read it. He expresses the lessons by showing the current state of our society and letting us realize that we can do something about it. Bob Ong books are really for people of all ages, you don't get bored by it, you keep loving every second regardless of the non-sensical things it have, so enough for the introduction :P

I was waiting for his new book after Mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan, but I was a bit busy that I was months behind on the news about his new book, and it took me exactly a month before I finally acquired a copy.

At first I was skeptical because of the cover, It was scary T__T, and i heard a friend saying that it wasn't good according to what she also heard. But since it was another book by one of my favorite Filipino Author, I decided to buy it.

I read the book for 2 days since I only have time on my way to office, my friend read this for two hours, my point is, It can easily be read :)

The whole book actually tackles the typical storyline of Filipino Movie with a few insights on Books with Filipino Author and the 'in' factor. It is written on a manuscript format which emphasize what the book wanted to share. It contains three story, which all depicts the current status of our TV & Movie Industry.

I personally like this book because I can relate to the author sentiments, though I know I didn't do anything to stop this :( Honestly, people who doesn't really know might think that I only love Korean Drama's & Movies, and doesn't watch local movies, but I do and I love them but most of them are from the past.

To be Continue...
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: