Notes from a Plain Jane

Random Writings about anything

The Jejemon Phase

Leave a Comment
A/N: This is a year late post :P but my mind suddenly flooded by words related to it so here is the result :)

Every Filipino's knows/ have an idea on what a Jejemon is, or atleast those who are living in the Philippines.
It actually have its own wikipedia entry and a page, named jejemon.com >.<



I do not care what their fashion statement is, or how they talk or walk. I wouldn't even joined the group who wanted them to kill them (as if they really can do it :P).
But like every non-jejemon's complaint, I cannot understand

  • their rule of adding H or using random vowels and numbers on their word or worst replacing it with these. (who ever said this rule should be condemned, it is not easy reading the unwanted characters)
  • why they need to lengthen their words (maybe I am just lazy, but I do not like typing additional letters when I say ako to akoh or accu)
  • them, using this way of writing as their statement (guys, believe me it only prove one thing, and that is you cannot spell correctly)

Though I do not appreciate them, my lovely best friend and some of the previous essays and comments reminds me that at one point in my past, I have the mild jeje virus.


I used to do the following:
  • Change the word ako to 'aq' or ko to 'q'
  • Change the word kasi to kz
  • And some other words that somehow the basis of the Jeje virus 
Though I have a good reason that time, which is to shorten the message since SMS is so costly back in early 2000 where I was a high school student and unlimited promo are not yet invented by marketing or communications head of Telecommunications Company.

But that is a mere excuse because I do not text that way when I was in grade 6. I just change it when I was in high school because every one text-ed that way, and being the always awkward teen, I wanted to fit it. I hate to be tagged as the miss goody two shoes and wanted to prove that I am like them, and do not stick to the rules.



Looking back, I can say that my friends and batch mate will agree with me that they all been into Jejemon Phase before. A phase where in you wanted to fit it since that is the in thing. Like a time where most girls of my class went to school with Jesse's one sided pony tail and fake eye glass. And I hope this Jejemon thing will just be a fad, and will soon rub off so children and teens will realize that looking and sounding smart is a big factor aside from being really smart.

For all the proud Jeje out there and doesn't realize that they need to change their proud way of life in the near future, I just wish you will soon realize that this phase needs to be ended soon because the thing you do daily can be a habit, and they cannot easily be rubbed off.






Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: