Notes from a Plain Jane

Random Writings about anything

A really Good Morning Talk

Leave a Comment
I was on night shift last week, and last friday I have a good chat with my friend/officemate :)
It wasnt intentional but I am glad that we had that long good morning talk. We talked about goals, life, and person capacity. Amazement is not enough to describe what I feel at that moment, I cannot recall everything but here are some of the things she shared to me:


  • There is always a way, if you don't know what to do, always check the process and it will guide you 
  • Don't be too apologetic when asking question, its normal. After asking too much, one day you will realize that you are now answering questions that you have asked before, this time to the newer one :)
  • Being Lazy is not an excuse, it will never.
  • Time is like money, when you know how much you have, you start thinking what to do with it.
  • If you do not know what your future is, look ahead, and ask then look back and ask again. After a series of asking, you will eventually realized what you want.
  • You will only know what you want when you can imagine yourself being that person in 5-10 years time.
  • Breakdown your goal and start working on it.
  • If you reached one goal, create another one and start achieving it again, then create another one and continue the process. Life is a cycle, you will forever in a loop.
  • Don't ever think that someone is greater than you, or you are lesser person that s/he is. It just happens that the person strength is fit for the role. You will find your perfect spot too.
  • There are no small of big dreams, dreams are dreams :)
  • If you have a goal, give a target date to it. Time is the only thing that differ dreams from goals.
  • In life, you can only be a victim or the one who victimize, and I assure you no one wanted to be a Victim. So start running your life.
  • When you point finger to someone, remember that the other three was pointing at yourself. 'Hindi mo pwedeng alisan ng muta ang iba, kung meron ka rin naman'
  • Always be Objective :) A person cannot be fired mainly because of attitude problem, we all have that. It mostly weigh if you perform well or not.
  • Never let emotion rule your common sense.
  • The good thing about our company, the main rule is about Trust & Respect. Which fights all the office politics :)
  • Interest, Honesty and a little effort will help you in the long run. 
  • Start by little, and you will be amaze how much those little things did for you.
I love talking to her, and I know one day, I can be the person I hope I will be :) and when that happen, I will make her proud that her words shape who I am and what I wanted to be.


Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: