Notes from a Plain Jane

Random Writings about anything

One Sunday Rainy Afternoon

Leave a Comment
Afternoon rains are my favorites. I always think that it's a chance to let my emo-side, the rain and its breeze is a perfect moment to read a book or think of life in general.
Way back in high school, I used to lie beside the window, open the radio to mellow station and spend my afternoon like that. Imagining things, thinking of what-ifs and could been. Thinking of a great love story to write and hoping that one day this could be true, when she's at the right age and ready for the magic called love.And she will feel contended, and hoping to have another afternoon blues again, with great music and rainy weather.
Years passed, and finally I have that luxury to stop my crazy life and enjoy this rainy afternoon breeze. Maybe it's one thing that Papa God wanted to tell me, that finally I'm beginning to go back and he loves to see this side of me.
The smell of air while raining, the sound it create and the gloomy weather makes me realized that I missed that little lady who dream that one day, the world will be hers. The sparks and determination in her eyes speaks the courage that she had. This atmosphere is very familiar that a tear wanted to escape. Funny right?
The 15 year old girl before is now a 21 year old me, and like her old habit, I read another amazing pocket novel that makes me wish I will have the same love as magical as what the lead character have. 
The rain finally stops, and the books ended, I just hope that I will have another magical rainy afternoon soon, when dreaming about love can be as idealistic as I imagine it will be:)
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: