Notes from a Plain Jane

Random Writings about anything

Reasons to watch My Husband's Lover

Leave a Comment
My best friend and I were having this random conversation about My Husbands Lover of GMA Channel 7 when I decided to post some reason why it is worth it your evening.

1. The story is plain in simple. 
Vincent is a closet gay who has an affair with his former flame (Eric) while being married to Lally. There are no other complications that our usual telenovela has, and I do hope that they wouldn't add so many palabok just to extend the story.

2. It depicts reality.
Though our sociaty is more acceptable to the people on third gender, we cannot deny that the social stigma on this issue is still existing. There are still parents who cannot accept that their son, or only son is not the person they wants to have, thus making it hard for the child to admit without feeling so ashame and burdensome and sometimes leads them to hide what they trully are. This thing happen, I know some people who's undetected by the gaydar because they have master the art of pretention, and you wouldn't know it unless they tell you.

3. Everyone is a great actor (Yes, I am talking about Lally, Vincent and Eric).
I don't know who was Tom Rodriguez until I watched this drama, I don't think Karla is a great actress too based from her previous drama's, though I always like Dennis, I also wonder if he can portray his role very well. After watching it, I realized how great they are. Yes, Dennis and Tom convinced me that they are gay, and I really want to give Karla that godd**n water when she was bawling on the hospital.

4. The lines are awesome! (Winner!)
Gay linggo are always funny, witty and so colorful, that is why I do love everytime Eric and his best friend have their conversation, which is full of fairies and rainbows :P



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments: